The Malta – Japan Chamber of Commerce (MJCC) is your business gateway between Malta and Japan. The Chamber is a non-profit organisation, whichwas establishedin September 2017 with the aim of fostering stronger trade and commercial contacts between Japan and Malta.
MJCC is managed by Members through a Committee/Board of Directors chaired by the President of the Chamber.The Chamber is registered with the Office of the Commissioner for Voluntary Organisations of Maltaunder the Voluntary Organizations Act (Chapter 492 of the Laws of Malta). All membership and sponsorship funds are used for the operation and running of the Chamber.
The Chamber works for its Members through a variety of events and works closely with the Ambassador of Malta to Japan, the Maltese government and other stakeholders. It promotesthe discussion of business related themes and current affairs that are of shared interest relating to Malta and Japan.
At the MJCC, our mission is to be the foremost business platform for Maltese and Japanese companies and professionals.We believe that Japan is a very important business partner for Malta given the very high volumes of bilateral trade between the two countries and untapped potential in business development.
For those interested in joining the Chamber, one-to-one meetings can be organised at the MJCC Head Office in Santa Venera.
Contact us to know more how we can be of service.
• September 2017 – The Chamber is registered as a Voluntary Organisation under the Voluntary Organizations Act (Chapter 492 of the Laws of Malta).
• September 2017 –Official Launch of the MJCC with the assistance of JETRO Milan and the Ministry for Economy, Investment and Small Business of Malta.
• March 2018 - Co-organised an event with the Gozo Business Chamber to introduce Japan to Malta’s largest region and sister island.
• March 2018 - Organised the first ever business seminar on the EU – Japan Economic Partnership Agreement and the opportunities it will present for Maltese Enterprises in collaborationwith the European Commission Representation in Malta.
• July 2018 - Participated in a Trade Mission led by the Prime Minister of Malta to Japan
• July 2018 - Signed a collaborative agreement with the Bank of Valletta.
• December 2018 - Organised an event in collaboration with the Bank of Valletta entitled ‘Malta-Japan Business Opportunities'.